Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

My first attempt at an Empire Dress

So a while back I finally attempted to make an empire dress using Puchi Collective’s Empire Dress pattern.  In doing so my first attempt did not fit at all, as you will see.

As you can see, the sewing was not the best and in back it didn’t meet at all.  I had to really pull on this to get her into it.  Also in these pictures you can see the straw hats I made for Blythe.  If I find more material I will make more for my shop, but I think i will save them until Spring and Summer.

Now I felt that I just used the wrong kind of fabric for the dress so I decided to use a firmer fabric that was completely on the opposite end of the spectrum from the red fabric.  Take a look.

Sorry these pictures are a little blurry, but you can make out where my problem area was.  The connecting of the skirt to the bodice.  I think it may have been because the pattern wasn’t printed out right.  So after some tinkering and cursing and wondering what was wrong with me because I couldn’t figure out a simple pattern, I finally got it printed out right at the correct size.  After that success I decided to try my hand at the dress again.  Success!  After that one I tried another one.  Success!  I know I took pictures of the dresses but the have gone missing.  And one of the dresses has been placed in my time capsule for my next birthday so I can’t take a picture of it.  But I will attempt to make it again out of the same fabric and take pictures of the dresses.

Now here’s the funny part, after figuring out this pattern finally, I realized…I don’t really like the look of the dress.  LOL!  So I am going to tinker with the pattern and see if I can get it into a shape I prefer.  I hope to get some sewing done this week.  Hopefully I will have something for you by the end of the week.  Hopefully.  ;-)  Ok, that’s all guys, I’m off.  Be good guys.

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?