Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mad For Mod!

If you didn't know, I'm mad about Mod. No, seriously I am. There is just something about Mod everything that appeals to me. The shape, the color, the look, the now vintage feel. I wonder if I was born back in the time Mod was current if I would like it as much as I do now? Or would I have loved Victorian instead? LOL!

Now when it comes to my main love Mod, it's Mod fashion I am mostly crazy about. But I have since found a new love, Mod furniture. :-) Mod furniture was just so space-age and colorful. A lot of furniture now tries to replicate it, and that's pretty cool, but it just isn't the same like having actual vintage Mod.

So why am I bringing up this lovely vintage style? Because I was surfing around the web and found some funky pieces of 1/6th Mod furniture I would love to own myself for my own bratty crew here. I was born after the time Mattel went Mod, so I didn't have the privilege to play with any of those furniture sets nor have any sitting around now from childhood. I've seen some photostories with some nice doll pieces, some I am not sure is Mattel, and I can't help but feel envious. LOL! But now I see I have the option to have some very nice replicas when the funds are better for me. Take a look at these fun finds.

Pretty neat huh? It's funny, I'm not a fan of current Modern furniture design. I don't know why. It's still basically the same concept, but it's kind of harsh in color and some of the shapes are harsh. I love the sleek look of Modern, but where are the oranges and pinks of yesterday? Ok, so maybe that look is a bit dated according to society, but it would be nice to see some color. Mostly I find Modern style to be neutral, which is great if you prefer to bring in the Mod with accessories and paint. I guess a nice blend of past and future and could work. What do you think? Modern past or Modern future, which is best according to you? Let me know in the comments below. :-)

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?