Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Style Savvy

Ok, so I have always had a fascination with fashion. Even though I am a forever fashion victim, I love reading about and learning about fashion. When I was younger I wanted to be a fashion designer. I still want to do that, but more for my other hobby that deals with dolls. So when I saw a commerical on tv for Style Savvy, I was hooked.



I found this commerical just too funny. But it made me want to know more about the game. So I hit the Tube of the You and learned that it was a fashion game that had the player playing a stylist and sometimes a fashion designer. I had to have it.

My first thoughts of the game were that I didn't think I would like it. I looked very anime-ish to me. It took me really getting into the game for me to start to see its fun potential. The clothing, so far, is ok. You get started off working with Grace in her shop until you can prove that you have what it takes to run your own shop. Its then that you meet the cute shop owner who agrees to open a shop for you. So you now run your own shop with clothes you buy from the exhibit center. You also compete in fashion shows to show of your styling skills and you win special clothing items from that. The international challenge changes every month, but you can go back to all of the fashion shows and play them as long as you don't lose. If you lose then you have to wait until the next day, your time not game time, to play again. However if you save before you go compete, then if you lose, just turn the game off without saving and go play it again.

Throughout the game you gain the opportunity to expand your shop's stockroom, gain more music and store decor, and several other perks that add to game play. You beat the game by winning all the fashion shows, but even after that there is continued game play. You can sell stuff online, buy offline from other shops, get special downloads from online, change your shop, and continue to compete in fashion shows. Also as the seasons change, the clothing you can buy changes. There are also side events that allow for photo ops, so be sure to change clothes when you start you game. You can also get your hair done at the beauty salon and also buy make up and have your eyebrows done at the beautician.

So this game has a lot of game play to it and I really don't see it just being for little girls. I have see many grown woman playing it as well as fashion savvy men. So if fashion is your love, you will want to give Style Savvy a try.

The only downside I see to the game, is while it has replay ability after winning, it gets very repetative quick and could become boring. I'm at the point where I only log on and play to get my special clothing item for the day. Then I stop. So I say take your time with the competitions so the game still seems fun.

On a score of 1-5, with one being worse and 5 being best, I give it a 4. Its a fun game and has a replay ability. The reason it didn't get a 5 is because it can and does become repetitive quick and can become boring. That's my only real beef with the game. So enjoy Style Savvy and if you have played it let me know what you thought of it. :-)

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?