Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Well That Took A While

Image From Free Digital Photos
I have been kicking myself like crazy for not coming back sooner to make that post I promised. But here I am, better late than never. Honestly I've been dealing with some depression and anxiety over my health and some other personal things that I am starting to get in order. The new doctor I am seeing, he's really a physician's assistant but he's miles better than my old doctor so he's a doctor in my eyes, has helped put the thought in my mind that it's all fixable. My health issues are fixable, my personal issues are fixable, and life in general is fixable.

So let's see here, where do I begin. First off, I have decided to change the direction of my blog because, while I love dolls and they will always be a part of my life, I'd like my blog to become more about me in a complete package instead of me having to blog in several places about my different likes. Some days, well recently most days, I don't have much to say about dolls as I am working on getting back into the hobby, but I have other things I am doing I would love to share with you all, so I am hoping you will find that interesting as well.

I'm going through a lot of changes as I get older, big day coming up next month, and so I am trying to refocus my life. I have finally figured out that any goals and dreams you have in life you must take active participation in order to achieve them. For the longest time I felt if it was meant to be it would happen, but now I am seeing that you make your life what you want it to be. So that is my goal. I am going to make a mark on this planet and hopefully help a good amount of people along the way.

I've always had an interest in dolls, toys, fashion, children, charity, and writing, just to name a few. So with those interests I have decided to take steps to becoming a toy maker, making playline toys and dolls as well as higher-end toys and dolls, I want to make toys that help children with disabilities, and I want to help charities and maybe even start one some day that helps those less fortunate. I'd also like to focus on my writing more and have at least one novel published. More would be awesome, but I am just going to focus on the one for now. I think I want to write a romance novel veryyyyy loosely based on my past relationship. Just using a few examples from it to build my character's life. I've also decided, ok this may seem silly, but since I always have issues with sitting my butt down and writing, I thought if maybe I had a muse looking at me all the time I would focus more. So I've decided to get a doll and customize him or her into my main character, since I will be writing from first person I will just customize that character. So I will be showing that process here as my character develops. I want to create her whole look, her clothing, and maybe a diorama for her surroundings, the last part is kind of based on time, but the look and clothing is a sure bet. And those are my goals for right now. Sure I still have the big goal of finding Mr. Right and having children some day, hopefully sooner rather than later, but I have learned I need to have my own life first before all that happens. So this is my attempt.

So for years I've been trying to get my Dollywood Productions photostory started up again, but since the main characters were of me and my ex, I just can't do it any more. I can't find it in myself to rewrite it or change the story at all. It was going to be our story as well as a bunch of side arcs, but I just can't do it any more. It would be too hard. So I am dumping the story. Sometimes writers have to learn to let go of a bad story and move on. So I have decided to focus on my doll story I want to do with Liv dolls and I am contemplating a comic with Polly Pockets, the newer version, or Lego. Just some ideas I am thinking about. It is all based on time truly because I also want to start up a few Youtube channels as well as open up shop finally. My mom and I are planning on working together on a few shop ideas. The first one we plan to open will be a doll based shop. We both want to sew clothing for dolls, my mom wants to make doll furniture for dolls, and I'd eventually like to try sculpting dolls to be cast in a resin and one day I'd like to create a 3D printable doll and sell those too. I've got tons of ideas for all that as well. Over the years that I've been dealing with illness and depression, I spent a lot of time daydreaming and researching and writing things down. I have a truckload of ideas that should keep me busy for a while, and I hope all of you will like what I come up with.

I also want to showcase the crafts I am working on. I love crafting and would love to show what I do here. Since I love to dabble in new crafts all the time, don't be surprised if you see a monstrosity show up here from time to time, as my first attempts are bound to entertain. I've got four, maybe five by the time I post about them, such lovelies waiting to be shared for your enjoyment. I have fallen in love with needle felting lately thanks to Marqaroon, a craft Youtuber and jeweler, and her needle felting tutorials. I've seen needle felting for years now, but I will shamefully admit, the needle poking part scared me off of it. And I was so ticked at myself for being scared off that when the daughter of a woman's blog I read has done needle felting since she was around 8 or maybe even younger. I don't know what it is about Marqaroon that just got to me, but her tutorials had me looking through Amazon for some kits to try. I found 5 relatively cheap ones and had them sent to me. I've done 4 already, with mixed reviews, all positive from my family and all negative from me. LOL! Ok, I want my work to look as awesome as it does on the package, you know, the items that were made by people who've been needle felting for years. LOL! I'm so hard on myself. I know in time my work will look just as lovely. I'll get an idea and an eye for it more and will produce some lovely work, I just hate that it isn't there now. But I will stick with it and I hope to do a "redo" photo where I post a picture with what I have done now next to a picture with a do-over piece I create. So you can expect to see my meager beginnings in a post real soon.

What else do I have to tell you? Oh, so I've been wanting to wait to return here until I had a new layout made, new banner, and kind of a logo to connect me in all the places I hang out online, but it's been taking a while to decide on a banner and layout and whatnot, so I decided against waiting and just decided to jump back into blogging, the rest will come when it comes. So there will be a change in the look of the blog too, and I hope to eventually have a website one day soon as well to kind of be a central hub for everything me. But all in good time. First thing I need to do is get myself back into better health, try to reconnect with people in my various hobbies while meeting new people, and get back to blogging on a regular basis. So I am going to try blogging a little every day to try to get back in the swing of things. I am going to take my comments off moderation now because it seems the spam is being caught fairly well and not ending up on the blog. I have lots of plans for the blog and for you guys in the near and far future. I'm so excited to share it all with you, one shaky wobbly but inspired step at a time. :-)

And on that note I will talk to you lovelies later. I have several things I need to do and not nearly enough time to do them all. I hope all of you are well, and I will talk to you all tomorrow. :-)  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?