Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Butter!!!

Ok, so I figured, no time like the present to talk about the movie I just watched. Get this, once I was done watching it, I went back to make a review and Netflix had already removed it. *sad face* But I am so glad I got to see it. This movie was funny and entertaining, and yes, it's about butter. Yes, the stuff you spread on toast. LOL!

So here is Netflix's description:

When a gifted butter sculptor announces his retirement, his ambitious wife sees her hopes for future fame -- and the presidency -- melt away.

This is the movie in a nutshell, but there is no mention of the cute little orphan girl who steals the show, or the home-wrecker you can't help but love, or the loving foster turned adoptive parents that you just want to pat on the back for a job well done. There is just so much going on in this movie, but it all works. And the characters are all likeable, yes, even that plucky home-wrecker was fun to watch. If anything there was only one person I wanted to pop in the nose because his actions were to hurt someone and though it did slighty derail things, there was a happy ending for everyone. I can't help it, I just love a good movie that ends happy for everyone. Take a look at the trailer below, and can we just comment on how catchy the Butter song is. LOL!



The cast was A-list, and I personally feel the actors and actresses were perfectly picked. However, I did have one tiny issue. Alicia Silverstone...what was with all those crazy faces she was pulling? I mean I do remember some of them in Clueless, but it was like she'd lost control of her face. I kind of think it was part of her character, a naive mom who's not really hip to what's current, is just going with the flow as best as she can. So I can kind of see it, but damn woman, those were not the prettiest of faces. LOL! But I love Alicia, so she gets a pass. ;-) So yeah, if you can rent this movie, or get it on DVD from Netflix, orrrr watch it in any other way you umm tend to watch movies...you naughty thing you, this is so a movie I would suggest. Warning, it has an R rating because there is some raunch in the movie. It's not overly bad, but this is so not a family movie. Keep that in mind if you choose to give it watch.

And that about does it for this post. You might be able to tell kind of what direction I am planning to take this blog. NO, I am not turning it into a movie review blog. In fact, I'll be talking more about dolls and toys again soon. Just going to change things up a bit. Like I said in the last post, new posts explaining it all coming very soon. Until then, be good, take care, and bye for now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?