Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

In A Day

So I do have some posts coming very soon about my blog and the direction I am deciding to take it in. That will be coming in the next day or so. Until then, I thought I'd pop in to mention this cute indie movie I watched tonight called "In A Day". It's a British movie on Netflix that I wasn't sure what to expect when I started watching it. Here's Netflix's description of it:

A struggling London musician meets a quirky stranger who persuades her to join him in a day of indulgent amusements and stimulating conversation.

That's a pretty good description of the movie, but I saw it more as a sandwich shop worker ends up having a horrible event happen to her one morning, she comes across a stranger she knows as a regular at her shop, and he turns her day around in more ways than one. Meh, the Netflix description was more poetic about it. LOL! So there is a big secret that is finally revealed at the end of the movie that kind of shocks you but then it kind of all makes sense. And the movie just kind of slowly unfolds in front of you as you follow these two on their day.

This movie is more subtle romantic comedy than your regular mainstream loud and crazy antic rom-coms. I appreciate how it was more of a moving movie than an in your face trying to make you laugh throughout the whole movie kind of movie. I wrote this in my review on Netflix, but I saw it more as your favorite romance novel or chick lit come to life in a movie. It takes you on a fun adventure and leaves you with a smile on your face in the end. Here, take a look at the trailer.


If you are interested in watching this movie and you have a Netflix membership, this movie will be available only until 7/9/14 and it will be taken off the site. It may return later, but if you can, I highly advise you to watch it before then. It's about an hour and a half movie, so a quick simple watch. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-) I'm off to watch another movie that is being taken off the site today. Wish me luck I get it watched before its removal. I'll post a review on that one tomorrow maybe. I know, you can't wait. :-D

And that's it for this post. Like I said, more posts coming soon, just needed to figure things out first before I came back to blogging. Now I know what I want to do, and I think it will bring life back to the blog as well as to, well, my life. LOL! Oh and I've been having a lot of trouble with spam comments, so comments are on moderation for a bit until I can get more into a blogging flow and can check them more often and delete the spam. So feel free to leave comments and I will approve them and response when I next check in. Talk to you lovelies soon. Take care until then. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?