Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

When You’re Sad…Smile

So, unless you have cut yourself off from the world today, you no doubt have heard that Amy Winehouse passed away.  Now I wasn’t a big fan of Amy’s, but I liked her music and felt for her and her battles with drug and alcohol abuse.  When my sister told me she had died I felt so sad for her.  Not because we lost a celebrity, but because she has lost the war she was fighting.  Now we don’t know completely why she died yet, but even if it was due to sickness there is no doubt in my mind she could have fought it off if her body wasn’t ravaged by drug and alcohol abuse.  It’s just so sad that someone so young and talented and who seemed to have it all was in so much pain that she turned to such evils.  I truly feel she could have gone far in life and in her career.  I hope wherever she is that she is finally at peace and can finally rest.

Every since hearing the news I’ve been in a very “thoughtful” mood.  There’s of course the whole “we’re all going to die some day and some of us go sooner than others” kind of thoughts.  But it also makes me really see that I truly need to seize the day more often because I don’t know if this is my last chance to do so.  So I am going to stop being scared and chicken to do stuff and just jump in, feet first of course, and just see what happens.  There’s nothing that could happen that doesn’t have a solution so I just need to do it.  I encourage you to seize the day as well, and do whatever your heart has been aching to do.  There’s never been a more right or perfect time than today, so go out there and do it!  You have my permission.  Smile

 

And to bring this post back to a cheerier note, my sister found this video from America’s Got Talent and I just had to share it with you.  It almost made me get weepy seeing how happy these kids were to have reached a big goal in their lives.  Watch and enjoy.  Smile

And that’s about it for today.  I’ve got to get back to my Camp Nanowrimo novel that I need to finish and soon, and then I am working on inventory stuff and I have some other business news I will share with you guys a little later.  I will just say my sister and I are teaming up to create a line of something or another.  I’ll update you more on it later after we’ve sorted out some things.  Stay tuned for that.  And I will talk to you all later.  Be good until then.  Bye for now.  Smile

Loves ya Red heart,
Mouse

1 comment:

  1. I have been away from TV for about 3 days now, so this was a shocker! Wow! You are so right about seizing the moment. When I was given 3-5 yrs about 2 yrs ago, I immediately started living life to the fullest. This past year has just been amazing. Two people (one of whom I was extremely close to) passed away this past year. Total shocker because they weren't even sick. Both deaths were very sudden and from things you would never expect. One was a hysterectomy and the other initiated from dizziness. She passed while they were trying to admit her into the hospital. You just never know when it is your time. But be assured, when it is, there is very little chance of stopping it. So I am with you....seize every moment and be as joyous as possible. I plan to go out smiling! P.S. I am not paying attention to the 3-5 yrs. They can't possibly know.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?