Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

I wish I had gone to fashion school.

Photobucket


I would have loved it. I know I would. I was searching the web recently and came across the online portfolio of Evelina Bratell. Evelina is a fashion design student, perhaps even graduate, that has designed several lines of clothing. One of her lines was creating a real life Barbie girl. I honestly don't know what I love more, the clothing or the background. I love the almost life size dollhouse. It looks vintage and just so perfect for these pictures. But the clothing is very nice too. Its like Barbie of yesteryear, once again leaning towards that vintage feel; I would say from early Barbie to 70s-80s Barbie. After that Barbie just kind of got cheap looking. Yes, I am calling Barbie cheap. I think Barbie designers should take a page from some of the portfolios of some of these amazing fashion designers...of course giving them creative design credit. Can you tell I have fashion on the mind today?

Photobucket

Photobucket


I watched The Fashion Show tonight. All I have to say is Angel needs to pull it together. Her and Lidia. They both seem to be losing their confidence and are making stuff that just reeks of fail. Seriously. What Angel put on the runway tonight was the most hideous purple mess. That belt she put on her model was just bad and looked tacky. What is it with tulle people. Didn't they learn from Laura that tulle does not work? So I hope next week these ladies will move away from the tulle and start getting on their game again. Now as each week goes by I feel so upset when a designer leaves. Tonight it was Keith. His dress was odd to me. The judges were right, it honestly did nothing for the model's figure. So I think they made the right choice. Angel can do it and I know she will be back on top next week.

Photobucket


Now one person who is getting to me is Reco. Such a snob! But this will be more insulting. I think he deserves to win. Boy's got talent and he would fit in with the designer bitchy attitude. But he needs to realize he has to start from the bottom and work up and work with other established designers. He will have to check the 'tude at the door if he hopes to go far, but who knows...maybe people like overconfidence. Well I guess technically he is doing something already. He sells to celebrities and he does have this to his name now:

Photobucket


I'm sorry but I honestly hated this dress. It makes her hips look big. Now why did the judges jump all over Haven and Angel for making their models look like they have big hips with one each of their designs, but Reco's dress wasn't attacked at all. In fact it won and you can go purchase it right now. Click here to check it out. If you like it or buy, could you come back and comment why? What appeals to you about it? That goes with any of the garments that were made into ones you could buy. Come back and comment on them. As for this one, I think it makes her look like she's a bell. Granted a lot of work went into the dress, but I honestly don't see that as meaning his was the best.

I guess I just don't get the "brilliant" mind of Mr. Reco. But I must admit, I do love this about him:

When it comes to fashion tips, Reco declares, "Do it!" And then, pause of reflection, states "…but don’t overdo it."


Humm, maybe I like him after all. I suppose the jury is still out on this one.

Photobucket


You know who I was really sad to see leave? Kristen. I so hoped she would make it far. Granted she started off wobbly, but I was really disappointed when she just quit like that. She got a chance to stay and she just quit. I don't know if she's just to sensitive for the market or if she's to young. Whichever it is, I hope she will be able to make something of herself one day. Can you imagine how bad it is, the show is on and she sees herself in the credits each week and she knows she quit. I bet when she sees the challenges she kicks herself thinking she could have easily done that. If she would have just gotten ahold of her nerves I bet she would have done better in this competition. She just gave me that feeling. Oh well.

Photobucket


Anna, I don't really have much to say about her. I see her as an old soul. Her designs tend to learn towards the older woman who wants a little flare in her style. I'm still feeling her out. I feel she doesn't shine right now but just kind of lingers back. But maybe she's just saing herself for when she really needs to pull out the big guns.

Photobucket


Johnny, hummm, I like him. His work is unique and different. He's a bit of a finger-pointer and whiner, but I like his work. He doesn't shine much either to me, but he's still in the fight...as long as he stops telling them to send him home. *rolls eyes*

Photobucket


I guess he kind of shines. His shoes were picked to be made into a pair you can buy. Click here to check them out. They aren't really me, but they are nice looking. The only down side really to Johnny is he reminds me a lot of this guy I knew in high school who stalked me. It was creepy. But I do wonder how he is doing now...my stalker not Johnny. :-)

Photobucket


Keith, Keith, my darling Keith. As mentioned before, your dress tonight was just so odd. I am not a fan of the different lengths hem on your dress. It was just odd to me. And the bust part was sad too. So I understand why you went. But I feel you still have potential and I hope you continue to let it shine. Damn he's hot. *ahem* Moving on.

Photobucket


Merlin, the name alone makes me giggle. That and the outfit he wore on the first show. But I have a soft sport for foreign men seeing as my love is Cuban himself. But you are right there with Reco with the 'tude my dear sir. What is it with designers and 'tude that they are God's gift to the nude? My mom likes to say my dad lives life according to his own rules. Well this is how I feel about Merlin. He lives and designs according to his own rules. Chunky chicks who don't won't to show off their stomach poofs be damned. Merlin's gonna slap some shiny fabric on that bitch and you had better make it look good underneath that bust enhancing top that makes you DDs into EEs. I agree with the judges completely on tonight's dress. Oh that poor woman will forever be on film looking like crap. She's a pretty girl, a little chunky...not picking more hating because I would like to be her size myself, and well Merlin just did not do her justice. He did not produce the magic. *snerk*

Photobucket


Haven, I have not been able to stand her since the week she insisted her group design her line based on how she dressed. No. Just no. She's ok, but I can tell I would not want to hang with her. She seems stuck up, and yes this is unfair judging, but you'd think we'd get a feel of her character after several weeks don't you think? Her designs are ok, nothing to interesting. I think her personality...read ditzy blond...speaks volumes louder than her designs.

Photobucket


Marcus, ok this is sad. Couldn't even remember if Marcus was eliminated or not. He totally didn't shine. He didn't catch my attention at all. Is that mean of me to say? Well its true I'm afraid. I seem to remember that I fully backed up the judges' choice to send him packing. Sad, sad, sad. Oh well.

Photobucket


Daniella, umm...I don't know. I mean I like her but she talks to much. She's loud. She whines. Everyone else is wrong, not her. I don't like those kinds of people. I honestly don't. So I just don't know about her. I like her work, most of the time. Just I don't know. Now tonight I felt insulted about how she cried over having to design for a size 16 woman. I could have punched her in the face every time she mentioned how her model was BIG ALL OVER and not just in one spot. Umm hello, you are a designer, so shut up and do what you were taught to do. Design. Take a little more pattern paper and design. Cut the fabric and design. Wake up your muse and DESIGN!!! But in the end she completely pulled it off. I think her design was picked because it was for a fuller woman. I didn't really like either her's or Reco's outfit. They were nice, just not something I really liked. But I am curious how far Daniella will get in this competition. She's a crybaby and I think eventually her "the world is against me" 'tude will catch up to her.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


But I suppose she must be doing something right. She has two outfits...technically three if you count Andrew's, that won to be made into an actual garment. Click here, here, and here to check them out. For the one Andrew made off her designs keep reading.

Photobucket


James-Paul, I do not like ANYTHING he's made. How is he even still on the show?!? He talks like one of those weird creators that are constantly "in the zone" and see maybe a bit too far outside of the box.

Photobucket


I can't believe his outfit was picked to be made into an actual garment to be sold. Click here and here to check it out. I like the bolero, but the dress I hate. It looks like someone draped a sheet over the model. How does that win? I am curious to see what else he will come up with. So far I just haven't liked his designs or his eccentric way of thinking and designing.

Photobucket


Jonny, I felt bad for Jonny. First week out. But someone has to be the first. I can't really remember his design, but I seem to think it wasn't that bad. I think he will continue to work on his dream and that he will make it one day. Not much more I can say on him...he was kicked out the first week after all.

Photobucket


Laura, honey no one was jumping on you. They were trying to save your butt girlfriend. Your stubbornness cost you the competition. Somewhere in life we have to learn its not all about us, and then we need to stop and listen, process, and then act. In a word, the tulle sucked.

Photobucket


Now let's hop back a bit. I didn't talk about Lidia or Angel separately. Lidia will go first. I like her. I love her name, Bettlejuice anyone, and I just like her. She's spunky and sweet. And the girl can design. The ONLY reason she didn't pull of her design last week was because she didn't have enough time. There is not a design of Lidia's that I have not liked. She's got a unique flare and I hope she stays in this competition. If she can just try not thinking to to far outside of the box, she'll be just fine.

Photobucket


Angel, I like her work too. Now there have been several times she made it to the fashion show and was still working on her outfit as the model was heading out the door. Not good. That kind of attitude got Marcus kicked off. Now I remember! Marcus kept insisting he was getting better, but he truly wasn't. And if Angel keeps putting up these shoddy outfits she will learn how sad Loser's Row is. In the end its not her outfits...this week's monster excluded...its just her lack of finishing on time to give a nice show. We'll see how she does next week. Fingers crossed everyone.

Photobucket


And last but now least, Andrew...little copycat! In the end he couldn't come up with anything original. I hate how his garment got made into a real garment for sale when it was clearly all of Daniella's design. Whoa, am I defending Daniella and her crybaby ways? Yeah, but just because Andrew clearly didn't have an original thought in his head in the end. You saw in the show that all the ideas Daniella mentioned to him he used and then at the end claimed as his own. Uh, Copycat-Idea-Stealing-Andrew say what? I know that art imitates art, but most people try to embellish on their imitation and put themselves into the work. Andrew didn't seem to do that. I am guilty of looking at pictures and saving them in hopes of recreating the look in them, but I am always thinking how I can change, make it better, or put some of me in there. I never saw this with Andrew. He copied and designed for design's sake. I mean don't get me wrong, he can create, but its just spewing back what he took in, only in a different location on the body and in a different color.

Photobucket


I will always feel this is Daniella's work and that Andrew just sewed it up for her. Wrong but true. Don't get me wrong, its work well done, but not original. Click here to check it out.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


And the judges, snarkish...much like me in this post. But I was doing this all in fun, honestly. I'm not really that snarkish in real life. Just want to set the mood. ;-) But the judges are super harsh sometimes on the designers' work. I know this is a competition, but I feel they forget that they started from the bottom too. Maybe they were treated that harshly so they feel this is their chance to stick it back to the design world. Whatever the case may be, I'd hate to meet any of them while insulting their clothing. Who knows what they'd do to a gal that couldn't even fit into their clothes tipping her nose up at them. LOL!

Wow, I didn't mean for this post to turn into a review for The Fashion Show. I wanted to basically talk about Evelina Bratell, but it was nice to chat and blog here again freely. Inspires me to find something new to post about later on today or tomorrow. Oh now that I think about it, I do have a post I want to put up before heading to bed. I'll post that up in a bit after this. Bye for now lovelies.

Loves Ya,
Mouse 8:>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?