Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

I return.

Sunset 7/22/09


Hey guys! I know, I've been MIA for a while now. Why? Because of several reasons actually. First off, I didn't really have anything to blog about. I am mostly in the progress of making stuff for my shop and researching up on my shop about things like when I will need to look into getting a tax number and whether or not I want to pay to get verified now or later. Since I am just trying things out, I figure I will try basic for a month and if I do well I will try becoming verified. We'll see what happens.

But yeah, I've mostly been catching up on watching things online while I knit. I have some cute things made already and I love them all. I also bought some fabric transfer stuff to make labels for everything, but still am trying to decide on a logo. So I am doing a lot of work on this and trying to make my dream a reality finally.

What else? Hummm, I have decided I want to make my blog more about me. I have never been the one to make anything about me, and I think that's why I had MySpace and Facebook so much. I killed my MySpace and only reopened my Facebook to keep up with the few friends there, especially one of my friends who is recently pregnant. Love ya Heather! Oh my, did I just do a shoutout in my blog? LOL! But yeah, I want to let my readers know more about me and really just start enjoying blogging again. So expect some pictures of interesting things in my life to be popping up soon. Just need to edit and pop them into Flickr. I won't show them all at once so I don't run out of material and then disappear again for a couple of weeks. LOL! But yeah, I'm still here. Just been busy. I'm also trying again to lose weight and I will update my ticker on here for Weigh-In Wednesday for those of you interested in that. Not much writing has been going on...kind of hard to knit and write at the same time...but I have been writing ideas for stories down as they come to me. I am REALLY thinking about going back to school for a degree in writing. Is that crazy? Ok, I know it is, but I really want it. We'll see.

Speaking of books. This morning I finished reading a novella that was just so sweet. Now mind you, it was a romance novella AND it play a lot on using your imagination...which kind of put me off...but for what it was worth, it was a sweet story. It is part of a collection of romance novella's in this book I got at the Dollar Tree. If you are into reading romance novels or novellas then check out the Dollar Tree this week. I know all of mine in town have the books so others must too. I want to go back and get a few more, but I will wait until I finish the few I bought and if there are any left then I will get them. But for now I have a shelf full of books I need to read. But this story was based on an elderly woman who lived her whole life alone because she didn't listen to her heart and marry a man she had just met a Christmas party that was held for the troops getting ready to take off for England during World War II. I like the basis for the story and if some of the parts of it weren't so drawn out like the kept stressing how it was all possible due to Christmas Magic and how she went back in time for second chance, and well it was kind of korny in the sense, but the structure for the story was pretty good. I'm on the second novella now, and so far it starts off korny. We'll see where it ends up. Oh for those who don't know, a novella is basically a short story between 17,500 to 40,000 words or about 50-100 pages long. So not really a novelette and not really a novel. Just in between.

Humm, anything else? Guess not now. I have pictures to show you, like I said, but that will be in other posts. So I guess I will close for now. Its almost 2:30 in the morning and I am ready to do some exercise. LOL! Talk to you all later. Be good until then. :-)

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?