Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veteran's Day

Ok, so I can say "happy" right? I believe I can. LOL! Well I couldn't let today go by without giving a nod to the men and women protecting our great country. Without getting political on how great or how not so great our country is, I'd like to just have us all take a moment to be grateful to those who put their lives on the line so that we can sit here on our rears and debate how great the country is. These brave men and women do something I honestly don't know if I could do it.

Living in a military town, you notice when the country is in a state of duress, it gets eerily quiet as troops are deployed to places unknown. You hear stories while standing in check-out lines at the stores, and as a child you see the kids respond to good or bad news. I remember in middle school one day, in the middle of gym, a girl I knew was crying, and we all asked her what was wrong, and all she could say between tears was something happened to her daddy. We were at war then in Iraq I believe, and I felt so bad for her. We never found out if he was ok, but I do hope he's still with his family. But it's things like this that always kept the truth about what these people did fresh in your mind.

So today, if you know a veteran shake their hand and let them know how thankful you are for what they do. And if you are a veteran, again, thank you for all you have done for the country. And on that note, I'm off to hug my veteran dad for all he's done. Talk to you guys in another post soon. :-)

Proud to be an American,
Michelle

Image By MDGovpic on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?