Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Bald Beauties

Hey all.  I know, I said I was on hiatus, and I still am technically, but I had to blog about this when I saw it. It was mentioned at Toy Fair, but I didn’t find out about it until now and thought maybe others hadn’t either.

So this month Toys R Us released a set of Bratz and Moxie Girlz dolls that have no hair.  The reason for this is to promote giving hope to children with cancer. This just touched my heart when I saw it on the Toys R Us website. I was just “window shopping” and I saw these dolls didn’t have hair.  My first thought was that they looked like they had cancer and when I read the description I was in shock to see the dolls were indeed cancer patients.  This just touched my heart.  Can you imagine being a little girl or boy with cancer and getting a doll that looked just like you and reminded you every day to have hope and to stay strong and be happy?  Just beautiful.  Each doll that is purchased will donate a dollar to City of Hope for cancer research.

And after much prodding from fans, Barbie is going to join in the support. Fans asked Mattel to make a bald Barbie in support of children dealing with cancer and alopecia.  So Barbie will have a friend who will be dealing with cancer and who will have hats, wigs, and scarves to accessorize her bald beauty. However Mattel is not putting Barbie’s friend into stores.  More like they will be making a few dolls to donate as well as donating some money to CureSearch for Children's Cancer and the National Alopecia Areata Foundation.  It’s kind of a bummer they aren’t more global with this doll since they could make money for the cause by offering these dolls for sale, but hey they weren’t going to do anything at all so at least it’s something right?

So yeah, had to share this with you all.  I think it’s pretty amazing for these companies to do this.  Actions like this renew faith in humanity.  Smile  And on that note I will take off again.  Dealing with some stressful stuff here as usual. My dad has a surgery coming up, stomach issue is still my bff, and just little stresses tucked in here and there just in case I didn’t have enough to deal with.  Meh.  I’ll deal.  Hope all is well with all of you. Smile  I’ll be back soon.  Be good until then.  Bye for now lovelies.  Smile

Smooches and tooches…umm…yeah,
Chelle

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: thank you for showing this collection of dolls bald. It's a very original initiative. I hope you will come back to the blog. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?