Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Holidays!

So I didn’t want to not make a comment about today’s holidays, so  I popped on for a quick post.

First of all, I’d like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to any Canadian readers out there.  Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October since 1959, and it was set in place to celebrate and give thanks at the end of the harvest season.  Though the day is set for Monday it is not uncommon for people to celebrate it on the Sunday before or any time during the weekend.  This is the official close of summer where people tend to pull in patio furniture, close up cottages, pull in boats, and get ready for the cold weather.  I had always wondered about Canadian Thanksgiving, it was very interesting to read.  I hope all my Canadian readers fill up on good food and have good fun with family and friends.

Also to my American readers I wanted to wish a Happy Columbus Day, Día de la Raza, Día de las Culturas, Discovery Day, Día de la Hispanidad, Fiesta Nacional, and Día de las Américas.   Whew, I think that covers everyone.  ;-) For those of you who don’t know, this is the day Columbus first landed in America, the Bahamas to be exact, on Oct. 12, 1492.  In 1971 it was decided that we’d celebrate this on the second Monday of October, which happens to be the same day as Thanksgiving in Canada.  Pretty cool huh?  I hope everyone enjoys their day off or just the holiday in general.  :-)

As for me, I’m still doing ok.  Past two days have been kind of up and down for me.  I’ll be explaining more tomorrow in my post, I just need to try to word it so it won’t be to long or wordy.  But yeah, that’s about it.  Just wanted to wish a Happy Holiday to anyone who was celebrating.  I don’t plan on doing much today besides taking it easy and working on tomorrow’s post.  Talk to you all then.  Be good and bye for now.

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?