Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Littlest Pet Shop and Blythe 2

Hey all, while surfing the web today I was on the Plastic Paradise forum, which by the way if you didn’t read already it will be “closing”; but I will tell you more on that later, and on the forum I saw a post about the new LPS and Blythe sets coming out and learned some interesting stuff about it.

First of all there are 6 sets out right now instead of the 5 I originally posted about.  The 6th set is called Pinwheels and Daisies.  It’s also a very cute set.  Have a look below.

I also have close-ups of the 4 sets that I only have box pictures for.

Playfully Plaid

Fabulously Vintage

 
Cool Winter Cutie

Buttons and Bows

I love all the sets.  Oh I found out that the animal in Buttons and Bows is indeed a mouse.  Love that one even more.  So some other info I learned about these sets is that they were at first thought to be an America only release, but people from the UK and Australia have been finding them.  So your chance of getting these are pretty good.

I really wanted to get one of these sets for a few reasons I’ll explain in a bit.  I actually thought about eventually getting all these  sets and having the whole collection…that is until I read this forum post.  It seems that the Scooter doll I liked was number 15 where the other were 1-5.  So people started to investigate this and found out that there will be future releases.  It seems they are being marketed as stocking stuffers this year so a lot of these should be coming out this year.  I personally like the bear one, very cute.

via: Xtineta on Flickr

Now something else I learned about these sets is that they are the same size as Takara Petite Blythe.  Hasbro’s PBs have a ball-joint in their neck while Takara doesn’t.  The eyes on the Takara PBs are better looking and eyes close when you lay them down.  The Hasbro PBs eyes aren’t as nice.  The lashes are glued to the eyeballs and the eyeballs have a weird swirling to them while the Takara ones are more human looking.  Both Petite Blythes can share clothing and head pieces.  Hasbro's PBs have removable shoes while the Takara ones have painted on shoes, or it seems most of them do.  I believe some of them don’t, but don’t quote me on that as I’ve never seen one in person.  Be sure to click on the picture to go to it’s page and to check out the rest of the set with more comparison pictures of the two.

Now the reasons I’d like to get these dolls are one, they are cute and I was always curious about them, and two, the attempt to make clothing for them and eventually sell them.  It seems a lot of Takara PB owners want the Hasbro PBs for the clothing since it’s hard to find clothing for them.  So this shows there is a small niche market out there for them.  So I thought, with these gals becoming mainstream that it wouldn’t hurt to try making clothes for them for profit.  Just a little fyi for those of you out there considering getting one and who likes to sew.  People want quality cute clothes for their PBs and may pay out some to get them.  Now don’t go crazy charging 10 bucks for a little dress that took you a few minutes to slap together.  Try to be reasonable if you try it doing this and who knows maybe the small niche will grow.

People are wondering however if this means Blythe will be hitting the shelves again in 1/6th scale.  They are worried she will become mainstream.  I look at it this way, Takaras are still the coveted Blythe and Hasbro would just put out ADG quality Blythes that most collectors don’t like.  I’d buy them because I think they are cute and for the price it wouldn’t kill me if I experimented on them.  But I really doubt they will become mainstream like that.  They may try it in the future if these LPS deals take off, but for the most part I think they are just a new theme to the LPS collection and may be gone come next season.  Only time will tell.  I am kind of bummed I don’t have a little girl to buy some of the LPS sets for.  It would be so cute to share my love of collecting cute things and Blythe with her.  But knowing my luck my little girl will be into GI Joes instead.  LOL!  Oh well, it’s still collecting so I’m cool.  ;-)

Ok, so that’s really all I wanted to talk about in this post.  I need to head back to sewing.  I really need to change my needle I think.  My stitches look a little off.  Not sure if it’s because of me changing the stitches or what.  They are still secure, just looks off a bit.  Guess I need to play with the dials again.  Ok, talk to you all soon.  Bye for now.  :-)

Oh wait, I almost forgot, the owner of Plastic Paradise is getting out of the hobby so she is stepping down from PP.  She is leaving it up as kind of like an archive, but she has given the ownership of the “forum” to two of her mods.  They are in turn getting a new domain and will be opening a newly themed forum.  It will be more kings, queens, and knights related.  It is called Blythe Kingdom and I guess they are working on it now and we will be told when they are open for business.  I can’t remember the email to well but I believe that will be happening in November.  Don’t quote me on that though.  But I hear they are coming up with some great new ideas for us and the owner of PP will be a mod there so that’s pretty cool.  So if you are on PP or TIB I hope you make the move over to BK when it’s open.  :-)  Ok, now I’m seriously off.  Bye for now.  :-)

Loves ya,
Mouse

3 comments:

  1. I can see my girls now droolingggg for these

    DAMNIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The software says exclusively relevant. Each of reduced attributes happen to be formulated with various capture certification. I like the application many. Pet store

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bug and tick medications are normally utilized by pet proprietors to help keep their pets and homes liberated from these sickness conveying vermin. These are accessible in solution and nonprescription recipes. For tried adequacy and for the security of your pet, notwithstanding, it very well may be more shrewd to pick solution insect and tick prescriptions to treat your pet with. best cat back pack

    ReplyDelete

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?