Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Photobucket


So, no sooner I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I was hot on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. And let me just say this game was even better than the first one. For one thing it had me laughing with the dialogue alone. The conversations between the characters were witty and smart and just plain funny at times. I love good banter and this game delivered it in just the right amount.

We start off our game at present time with Nate in a bad position. It confused me at first as to what the heck was going on. But knowing how Uncharted delivered, I knew all would eventually be revealed and to, for now, roll with the punches. So I did my thing and got Nate out of the sticky situation, and right when you think things are getting better they start to change to bad and seem to be going to get real bad real quick when all of a sudden it is decided we need some back story. *phew* Ok, just as long as you get me out of there.

So we find Nate relaxing in a tropical paradise when he is approached by an old "pal" who has an "in" on some special loot. This "friend" had a lady friend that will be joining in on the fun that Nate eventually agrees to join in on. And thus begins another adventure for Nate.

Now, on the get go, I am wondering what happened to the characters from the last game, and was so happy to see they were not left behind. I don't trust the people he hooked up with in the beginning of the game and its nice to know he has proper back up.

As like with the last game, the scenery is beautiful and so detailed. I'm a gal who loves when detail is paid attention to and I can respect the work that went into making this game look as good as it does.

Along with great scenery, the great gameplay is back, multiplied, I'm happy to say. More shooting, more stealth, more weapons, more, more, more. Love it! And this was just on normal level. I once again have to go back through and collect treasures, which I plan to do on very easy and then go through again on the next hard level up from normal. I hear that one's is a royal butt kicker. :-)

One of my favorite parts of the game? The end. :-) I love the final dialogue of the game after the world has been saved and everyone is back in a village safe and sound. Like I said, I love good banter and I think the end of the game had THE best banter in the game.

So, on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being worse and 5 being best, I give Uncharted 2: Among Thieves a 5. Same as the last one, great gameplay, even better than the first one. Great scenery, I'd say on the same level as the last one just different places. And there is mos def replay ability. Loves it. I highly recommend it to you lovely readers if you haven't or if you already have played it. If you can play it on hi-def, mos def so do. I can't, but its beautiful on the tv I do use, so I can only imagine how beautiful it is on hd. I heard through the grapevine that it looks beautiful on hd, and the source is trustworthy. ;-) So until next time gamer geeks and geekas.

Loves ya,
Mouse

PS-
Nate I so know you were a 10 and not a 5. Stop playin. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?