Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Photobucket


So I have wanted to play Uncharted since I heard about it. It was like Tomb Raider but with a man. Funny thing is I didn't play Uncharted until years after it came out. In fact the second one had already come out by the time I played it. LOL! But I didn't get any spoilers for it so it was all good.

So like I said, when I first went into Uncharted I thought of it like a Tomb Raider but with a male. I soon found out I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, its got some Tomb Raider-ish characteristics. Its got her famous shimmy and the wall walk, but that's about where the similarities end for me. Sure they were both after treasure, but with Drake the story and plot was more engaging for me. Tomb Raider stories tend to be a bit boring to me for some reason. But I wanted to find out more about Drake and I felt like I was literally along for the ride with Nate.

I have never been a fan of stealth, but Nate has changed my mind on that. I am starting to love the element of surprise that stealth has to offer, at least in this game. Not sure how it will be in other games but I am willing to find out now.

Ok, so the two things I LOVE about this game is the fact that when Nate is almost dead, you find a good hiding place and wait it out and he's ready to go. None of this finding health to give him energy. I wish more games were like that. Another thing I love about the game is that fact that if you get stuck it will eventually offer you a hint of what you should do next without laying it all out for you step by step. It still makes you have to work to get the goal you need to go to move on. And of course along the way you have to try to stay alive against baddies that don't want you to get to the end of the game.

Now I used to consider myself a sweet and meek gal, but once I got into surprise attacks, grenades, sniper shooting, etc., well that was just to yummy to pass down. I found myself hooting and hollering when I would take out a group of guys by throwing a unsuspected grenade into their camp, or better yet, taking them out one by one with my ninja like action. *insert ancient gong here*

The theme of Uncharted is to learn about, well, Drake's fortune and the outcome of what happened to Drake. I won't ruin the end for those who haven't played yet. All I will say is the story is very interesting and it doesn't bore you and the outcome is logical and doesn't make you roll your eyes and make you think you wasted all this time playing for a stupid outcome.

I love all the characters in Uncharted, especially the good ones, and the ending made me feel fulfilled and like it was a job well done. This game, I feel, has replay ability due to the fact that along the way you need to collect treasures. I hadn't done that the first time through, so I need to do it again. Also, there are different levels of game play. I started on normal, but next time I go through I may go up a level. Or play on very easy to go through quick to get the treasures then go up a level for more trophies...which I hear is a kick in the ass and I can't wait to try it. :-)

On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being worse and and 5 being best, I give Uncharted: Drake's Fortune a 5. The gameplay is amazing fun, the scenery is amazing also. Forgot to mention that. I wish I had an hd tv to play this on. The scenery in this game is worth the play alone. This has to be one of the prettiest games I have played in a long time. Even with all the rough game play, the scenery is still just gorgeous. The thing that also makes this game gain a 5 from me is the ability to replay and the game not get boring. So if you couldn't already guess, I highly recommend this game to those who haven't played it yet and even those who have and should replay it. ;-) Until next time fellow gamer geeks and geekas.

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?