Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More of my miniature shopping spree.

So, while at Big Lots, I bought a couple more things besides my coveted Alvin Ailey doll.

Things I picked up at Bigga Lots.


Ok, so I had seen this book there for a while and passed it by, but on Saturday I just decided to pick it up and give it a try. I have decided not to judge books by their cover anymore and read the story and make my own choice about the story. I'll do a book review when I finish. I have SEVERAL book reviews to do actually. Just need to scan all the covers. I plan on redoing some of my old reviews too, so look forward to that. :-D

Next is the yarn. When I went to Big Lots a couple of weeks back, I saw this yarn and wanted to try it for Autumn doll sweaters. I went back last week and pick up a completely different one, but it looked so similar I thought it was that one. But when I was there Saturday, I saw I got the wrong one, so I picked up this one. Can't wait to try it out.

The toy I saw right before I checked out. Its a little terry cloth dog toy that I picked up for my ferret to play with and hide...more like just hide actually. Which reminds me, she is due a running before it gets to late. Ugh, not looking forward to that. She's like several 2-year-olds in one. LOL!

So on to the topic of crafting, I am doing some finishing touches on my photo cubes I have been working on. The dry time is the worst part. But I think they came out cute. I will be selling them two together. I will have 3 pairs to sell when I am all done. Then I will be moving to doll clothing for a while. But I wanted to show you the recent photo cube I've been working on. Its a serious WIP, but still want to show it. Excuse the blurry pics, my macro setting sucks without a ton of natural light, but you can get the idea of the color.

Here is the original color I painted on the cube.

Green Paint Number 1


Here's the second color.

Green Paint Number 2


Here's the third color.

Green Paint Number 3


Here's the fourth color.

Green Paint Number 4


So, what color did I go with? Well I picked this one.

Green Paint Cube


Then decided against it and made a mix of one of them and another color which came out a little nicer. I will show you the outcome of the cube when I am done. I guess I will show them all off right before I put them in the shop. I am waiting on some flat rate boxes to be mailed my way. Its the cheapest way I see on shipping items and I order two cases of them. That was the only thing holding me back. Woo hoo! We are in business!!! Can't wait to have my "Grand Opening". LOL! Well that's all for now. Gonna go work on that cube a bit more, play a game on Facebook...ugh, catch up on some blogs, and work on my shop some. Bye for now. :-)

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?