Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Alvin Ailey Barbie a.k.a. Alix

Ok, so last Saturday I went over to Big Lots and picked up the doll I have coveted for months now.

Alix


The Alvin Ailey Barbie doll. I loved her dress and her complexion and pose, just everything about her. I wanted her so badly, but kept putting it off. Even when I saw her at Big Lots I decided I didn't need her. I'm so glad I finally changed my mind. I LOVE this doll. I was worried the feet would be an issue, but put on some proper shoes and you can't tell. Warning, this post is about to get image heavy. :-)

So first of all, I have to admit, I didn't know who Alvin Ailey was until I decided the other day to get her. I knew he was well known, but I didn't know for what. So to Google I went.

He an American choreographer and activist who founded the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater in New York. He popularized modern dance and introduced African American's into 20th century concert dance. I still needed to know more after reading his wiki. So to YouTube I next went where I found this amazing video. Check out the gal in this video. She look familiar?



I so would love to make an outfit like that. Well, the skirt part anyway. The ruffles on top would be to much with a top heavy gal like me, but the skirt I loves. It was one of the first things that caught my attention on the doll. White, crisp, clean, pretty, girlie, perfect. I took some pictures of my doll once I got her out of the box to show off her skirt.

Alix


Alix


Alix


Alix


Alix


Alix


So next, I decided to take pictures of the doll nude. I was trying to find pictures of the doll nude to get a better idea about how her body looks and moves but I couldn't find anything. So here are two of them for you to view. One is with flash and one is without, you can see different details with each one.

Alix


Alix


So next I stripped the HSM doll I bought for the outfit. A full outfit for 3 dollars, I couldn't pass it up. The doll is set up to be an experiment since I HATE side glancing eyes.

High School Musical Doll


Poor gal. The outfit looked great on Alix.

Alix


Alix


So then I decided to try some poses in this outfit. More pic spam ahead. :-D

Alix


Alix


Alix


Alix


So that is my introduction of Alix. I hope you liked my pictures and expect to see more from this miniature diva. LOL! Oh and before you all wonder about my sanity, no that is not the kitchen table, its my craft room and craft table in the background of all the pictures. I couldn't wait until daylight to go outside and take pictures so I took some quick ones indoors. Not to bad, if not a little blurry. :-D

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?