Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Having Fun On Zibbet.com

So I am still searching around Zibbet and finding so much interesting stuff.  I could truly go broke looking at some of this stuff.  LOL!  Ok so for those who don’t know, Zibbet is a handmade marketplace out of Australia that is a lot like Etsy and Artfire, only better.  LOL!  It kind of combines the sleekness of Etsy with the cool seller features of Artfire.  It’s slowly rising in fame, and some people hope it will take over the handmade marketplace.  I kind of hope it doesn’t get too big so it won’t have to turn to shifty procedures like Etsy and Artfire have.

But one of the things on the site I love is the vintage section.  I love snooping through and seeing what treasures people have found, especially the toys they have found.  My friend came across one such toy item ,in Modred Vintage on Zibbet, that I wish I could buy.  But at the price it is I wouldn’t want to open it, and truly, what’s the fun in that.  LOL!  Have a look.


{source}

A Barbie pack from the late 70s to early 80s.  My friend said she had that pack and still has the wicker-like bag.  I used to love these packs when I was a kid.  I mean sure dolls were cool, but it was the clothing and accessories that made them.  Smile


{source}

Back of the pack.


{source}

Closer detail of the front of the pack and what’s in it.

{source}

And one more for the road.

As a kid I would have loved this pack.  The possibilities would have been endless with it.  All the fashion combinations I could have made.  Nowadays packs like this don’t interest me much unless they have awesome shoes in it or cute and usable accessories.  *sigh* Oh to be young again where the imagination could take you anywhere and a scrap of fabric was either a beautiful evening gown or a kick ass toga.  *shrugs*  Oh well.  But I just had to share this item with you.  If you are interested in it, it’s currently for sale for $16.20 at Modred Vintage.  I’d love it myself, but I’d want to take it out, not sure if it’s for nostalgia or because I’d really want to use the stuff…that wicker-like bag seems really cool.  Smile

And I am off again.  I need to work on my Nano.  I think if I really give it a couple of hours of hard work I could knock it out in a day or two, or at least get the needed 50k to win.  Wish me luck.  Smile  Talk to you all soon.  Be good until then.  Bye for now.  Smile

Loves ya Red heart,
Mouse

1 comment:

  1. I am all about the shoe packs. I wish Mattel would do more of them, they would always get my money.

    ReplyDelete

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?