Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Cyber Goth For Dolls???

1So for a while now I have been trying to create an original character named Leia, and she would be into cyber goth fashion. But the doll I always had picked out for her was a Resinsoul Bei in tan, which makes her the height of roughly a regular fashion doll, but she’s thicker. I thought of making her a cyber goth fairy kind of, but I am wondering how much detail I can get in that size, should I try to get a bigger body, would a bigger body change her character, or am I being a wimp by not at least trying to make her clothing first.

I’ve know I’ve wanted one or two cyber goth characters in my collection for a while now, and I’ve been looking up cyber goth pictures and tutorials on how to make clothing and accessories for humans and planning on how to make them doll size. I am not sure where I want to start with my girl, and I am also going to come into a problem when it comes to shoes. But I’ve had her for a while now and haven’t done anything with her, much like my two other Bobobie/Resinsoul girls. I have decided it’s time to take them out and enjoy them. I mean I always get the white skin resin for dolls and by the time I play with them they have buttered. So from now on I am refusing to do that. I am going to pull them out and tinker and see how they work. I still have a goal of making my own dolls one day, it might help me some to know how dolls work in general. So Bei will be my first attempt.

2

I think I want to make her, I believe they are called waterfalls for her hair, fuzzy leggings for sure, and maybe even a tail? But I am not sure on her actual clothing yet. I know I will go for a skirt, short and slightly poofy, but I’m not sure on the top yet. I just love the bright colors of cyber goth fashions and I think they will look awesome against her tan resin. I just really want to try to get some detail in her clothing that will stand out some.

3

Also, the shoe issue, I don’t want to spend a lot on shoes, but I kind of want her to have several pairs she can switch between. I wonder if there are any dolls with feet her size. I’ll have to look through my collection of shoes and see if I came across any dolls that had bigger feet. I guess I need to head back to Den of Angels and other doll forums to see if others have found inexpensive ways to put shoes on the feet of their dolls. I just don’t want to spend more on her shoes than mine, especially since I’ve got several dolls that need shoes here that aren’t easy to come by. I might also have to look into making my own shoes as well. That will be interesting. I wonder if I can make the soles with 3D printing and then work around that? Hummmmm???

4

And to top things off I am also curious about including a little Japanese Punk Fashion into her wardrobe. It can also tend to be bright and funky, but maybe I will stick with just one fashion style per doll. I kind of like the idea of giving each one a unique style. Well not each one, just my special ones…I’ve got a lot of dolls and there isn’t enough time in the world to sew unique wardrobes for all of them. But some of them will definitely be getting the clothing treatment.

5

I guess I am just in thinking mode lately. I need to go through my fabrics and see what I’ve got and come up with some clothing ideas. I guess what is scarring my off is that fact that I have to come up with patterns for some of the items I want to make. I am not sure how to go about that, but I am willing to try and error to find what works for me. I hope to have something to share here soon, even if it’s just color swatches I am thinking of using. Stay tuned for that. And I will close on that note. Until next time lovelies, take care. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?