Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Doria and Lar!!!

Happy birthday to my mom and to my brother. It's crazy to think he would have turned 36 years old today. I can't help but stop and wonder what he would have looked like or what he would be doing in his life. Would I be an aunt now? Just a ton of what-ifs that will sadly never be answered. I think it's funny that he was born on my mom's birthday. And speaking of Doria, not her real name mind you, she celebrated her...err umm...21st birthday today. Hey, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Yeah. :-)

So of course my mom was bummed at her age, most women are no matter what your age, and I just reminded her to be happy and thankful she'd reached that age, because things could have been different today. There are many people who I am sure would have wished that they could have reached that age. So cherish this past trip around the sun. She agreed and enjoyed the rest of her birthday. And I have decided to enjoy each birthday I am given from here on out. No one is guaranteed anything, so enjoy your birthday, no matter if you are about to hit the dreaded middle age, or if you are just turning, ahem, 21. ;-)

So again, happy birthday to my mom and to my brother. It's a bittersweet day to celebrate here in my household, but I am so very thankful we got to celebrate it. :-) And on that note I am off. I've started working on a funky wig for Midori, that isn't really turning out how I'd like it, but I'm excited to see the end project. I'll tell you more about it later. Until then, bye for now.

Eating a gluten-free cake in a mug,
Michelle

Image 1 From Free Digital Photos
Image 2 From Free Digital Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?