Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Doll Dress Forms

Dress Form Pin Cushions
 So a while back I wanted to try making my own doll patterns and took one of my beloved Liv dolls and attempted to do so. I wrapped her up in paper and tape to get a shape that I would alter later once off her body. It was working fine until I tried to take the paper and tape off with scissors. Even though I was gentle, the scissors gouged into her body leaving scratch marks on her. That kind of bummed me out, but I got over it. I wished I had a dress form to work on instead. This has become even more important to me since getting a bjd. I don't want to risk ruining resin accidentally while attempting to make a pattern.

So while I was searching the other day, on Pinterest again, I came across a tutorial on how to make a stuffed dress form pin cushion. Now I am not sure how well this will work for clothes design, but it looks fairly simple to make and I'm sure it can be altered for a preferred size. The size of the one in the tutorial looks like it'd be perfect for a bjd size. You can pick up the pattern here to look over. And here is how to whip this one up.


So like I said, not sure how that would work as an actual dress form, but you can pin fabric to it, and if it's packed firmly enough it should be a perfect stand in for a body. I will have to try this one out and see how it works. Let me know if you try it or have done something similar.

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for something like this FOREVER. Thanks so much uploading all of this! Going to try it right now, but it would be really easy to modify the pattern to fit any BJDs

    ReplyDelete

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?