Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Goodbye Harry, Ron, And Hermione :-(

Warning, possible spoilers if you haven’t read the book, seen the movie, or just read up on how it ended.  You have been warned.  Thumbs up

So today my sister and I finally got to see the final Harry Potter movie.  If you are like me and chose to wait for a while on seeing it all I can say to you is do it.  Do it now before you have to wait for it to come out at the dollar theater or on DVD and Blu-ray.  It was epic.  Everyone involved did J. K. Rowling’s novel of the boy who lived justice.  Throughout the whole movie I was in a state of awe.  Then at the end as the screen faded to black for the last time I found myself overcome with happiness and sadness at the same time and yes, a few tears were shed.  10+ years is a long time to devote to one thing.  I’m a lover of magic and loved having the chance every year to walk through Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s world though either the novels or the movies.  Sure I could always go back and reread them and rewatch them, but it’s not the same thing.  We won’t know what happens to them now.  I’m sure with the world being safe from Voldermort that they will live boringly plain lives, but still, I’d love just one more book to let us know.  Smile

And now with Harry being done I can’t help but feel sad for J. K. Rowling.  Most authors can only wish their work would get turned into a movie.  Her work got turned into a complete enterprise.  Harry was everywhere!  And I’m sure he will continue to be everywhere for years to come…Pottermore anyone?  So where does that leave Rowling?  Sure she’s so rich she really never has to write another book in her life.  But she’s an author.  Writing is in an author’s blood.  She won’t be able to give it up so easily.  So I wonder what she will do?  I’m sure she will continue to write, and maybe under a different name.  I would if I were her.  I mean I really don’t see her writing anything to top Harry.  I mean how can you top Harry?  I honestly think it will be a long time before we see anything as epic as Harry Potter again.  So if she wrote under a different name she gives herself a chance to write again and not be under the constant pressure of having to churn out Harry level novels.  She can just write for the simple pleasure of writing.  I hope she gets that chance.  It’d be shame to lose her talent.

I hope one day I get the chance to read Harry Potter to my potential future children and watch the movies with them.  I wouldn’t say Harry Potter is a classic really, but he’s sure to go down in history as one.  I so want to go to the amusement park even more now.  LOL!  Hopefully one day.

And well I guess that’s about it.  I’m still just kind of sad it’s all over and I guess mourning the loss of the story and the characters I’ve come to love.  I know I’ll move on and something new will come along to fill that void.  But nothing will be quite like like Harry Potter.  Nothing. Smile

Talk to you all later.  Be good until then.  Bye for now.  Princess

Loves ya Red heart,
Mouse

Mischief managed…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?