Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

What have I been up to lately?

So my sister bought some doll heads for her Volks and Obitsu dolls and as a trade I volunteered to root some of her heads.  One is done as of today.  Going to start on the next one in the next couple of days.  I want to work on a Liv doll wig I started a couple of weeks ago.    But here are some pictures of the doll head I completed.

Hair Rooting Full Shot



Hair Rooting Close-up



Sorry for the crap pictures.  My camera seems to be slowly dying a slow painful death.  But until I can get a new one I’ll have to make do.  So the colors here are like a neon orange and blue color mix.  Did you know orange and blue are complimentary colors?  My sister has originally started the rooting of this doll, but then the Volks body she was working with broke.  Well I have figured out how to fix it, so hopefully there will be a finished picture of this gal soon.

But that’s all I’ve been working on as of late.  I have been wanting to work on amigurumi patterns, but I can’t figure out how to make what I want to make.  I have an idea, but then I will have a problem when it comes to the eyes.  I might have to crochet them too since I don’t have safe eyes and I want to make my stuff kid safe from toddler on up.  But since I won’t be selling the actual items but the patterns then I guess I could just get some eyes for the pattern as a suggestion.  I’ll have to look into that.  I want to get some Suncatcher Eyes so badly.  I think a purchase from them is in my near future.  And I’m also thinking about making some sewn stuffed animal patterns as well.  I have some ideas in mind for special animals and items.  Stay tuned for that.  Smile  Still working on some stuff to get things organized and sorted, but it’s coming along.  I have two more doll posts coming this week and then I may go quite again for a while as I continue to organize.  Man I wish I could sort out my camera issues.  That would make me so happy.  This pictures were taken on the quick so I knew they’d basically suck, but my camera is just having issues with normal zoom pictures.  Maybe I need to tinker with the settings.  It’s getting testy in it’s old age.  I hope to be able to buy a new one soon.  I don’t know if I could ever go as far as a Nikon although they are mighty beautiful.  Maybe one day.  Hey, a girl can dream.  Red heart  Bye for now kids.  Smile

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?