Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The awesomeness of tilt-shift.

picture source: link

So I’m sure you have all seen those cool pictures out there of places and people that look like dolls or miniatures but they are actual places and pictures that have just been manipulated to look so.  That manipulation is call tilt-shift.

So basically what happens is that the manipulation, or miniature faking, used with cameras and photo imaging software causes a blur to real life images, I’m assuming like if you were using a macro lens, and it makes the item you are taking a picture of look slight distorted and more like a miniature than a real like thing.  If you google tilt-shift you will get a lot of images people have taken and done such a thing to.  One of the first places I got introduced to tilt-shift is through Uniqlo’s online calendar.  If you have not checked that out, you have to, it’s so awesome.  I first heard of Uniqlo due to the cool screensaver with Asian women dancing…it’s not as bad as it sounds, you can find that through the site too.

But back to tilt-shift, I found this interesting since I love miniature scale and love how the picture make things look mini replicas or dollhouses even.  Now if you don’t have the interest of trying this yourself with your own camera or don’t have to know-how to do it, there are programs online that will do it for you.

picture source: link

TiltShift Maker will take any picture, doesn’t have to be your own, and it with some pushes of some tabs you can make your own tilt-shift picture.  The pictures above are ones of an actual house I took from Google and manipulated with the TiltShift Maker tabs.  Try it out and see what you can come up with.  There can be people in the picture, it can be landmarks, or inside of buildings.  The only thing is the pictures tend to look better when you have a good distance between the camera and the focal point.

picture source: link

Now this last one I had a little bit of fun with.  It’s of an actual dollhouse.  When I first saw the picture I had a second where I wondered if it was a real house or dollhouse.  When I saw it was a dollhouse I wondered if there was a way I could make it look distinctly like a dollhouse and not allow for second guessing.  I think I may have succeeded, not sure how the dollhouse creator would feel about that though.  LOL!

So yeah, I just wanted to share my new fascination as of late.  I know I am behind on a lot of things online, as usual, but I’ve been busy crafting and writing.  I am way behind on my Nano count and I wanted to be done by Thanksgiving.  I only have a few days left.  And it seems on Thanksgiving that is when my sister and I will finally get to see the new Harry Potter movie.  I’ve been trying to avoid spoilers, no not about the plot but of things added to the movie or how they did certain things, but I find it to be so hard to avoid.  Damn you popular franchise.  Can’t wait to see it.  Smile

Ok, I’m off people.  I have tons of writing to do, oh and I’m trying to get back into college and I need to get some forms signed for that as well.  Ugh!  Time is running out for everything!!!  *takes deep breath*  Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.  Just have a lot on my plate, and I’m not hungry but have to force myself to eat, if you get what I mean.  If I owe you a response to an email or comment, I’m super sorry and please know I will be getting back to you soon.  Next year my new year’s resolution is to become more organized and stay on top of things.  We’ll see how well that goes. Winking smile  Ok, talk to you lovelies later.  Smile

Loves ya,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?