Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Fashion Show!

Photobucket


Yes, I am back again this week with my thoughts on "The Fashion Show" for last Thursday. Ok, so we start the show off with a small challenge of designing a t-shirt for a high-schooler who was going for study body president. Each designer got a backpack with a school clique them in it. They were to design a t-shirt the young lady could wear to woe them into voting for her.

Well the designers got to work and came out with some interesting stuff. But from the start I saw Angel was having trouble. She got B-girl and had no idea what one was. She said she didn't see that where she lived. I can kind of understand her though. If your area is not one to have a mixed culture then you would be missing out on certain things. And I feel the popularity of B-girl was back in the 90s. And they insist she should have seen it on tv. Well I have practically stopped watching tv over the last 10 years and lots of other people have done so too. So perhaps she didn't focus on tv and I don't think Angel's choice of music is hip hop. So she just wasn't exposed to that. And if they judges had gone back and looked at the confessions, most of the designers had no idea what they were designing for. They went with an assumption. Ol' Merlin was about to have a freaking meltdown trying to figure out what a Mean Girl wore. I think this was just a hard challenge.

Photobucket


Now the winner of this challenge I don't think should have been the winner. Daniella won for gluing cut out leaves on a cut out tree for Tree-huggers. Ok, I get it. But not very inventive. I love what Anna had done though. She had goth and with the little time she had she really worked that t-shirt. She put in a zipper, distressed it, and just made it look very gothic. I think she put the most work and thought into her shirt and yet Danny got it for a bunch of leaves. I was with Johnny on his thoughts on this one. But oh well, she won. What I didn't like was how Danny was so cocky saying she didn't need immunity because she had this competition in the bag. Hummm, I didn't see you winning the fashion show Miss Thang.

Ok, so after Danny is declared the winner of the challenge, they find out that for the fashion show they must design an outfit for their clique in their 20s. Well Angel was not happy. And I felt for her. I honestly did. But she asked around and got an idea about a B-girl and I think what she pulled out was a decent attempt. I'm sure if she would have gotten any other of those cliques she would have done well. But in the end it was her and Johnny standing in front of the judges.

Photobucket


Wait, got ahead of myself. The fashion show was interesting. Some of the outfits I really liked. Anna's goth outfit I liked, until she took her jacket off and revealed a bright pink blouse. I don't know if I would have gone with the pink. Maybe a rich red instead, if you wanted to add color. But I don't think a goth would all of a sudden go from muted tones to bright pink in their 20s. I could see them adding red, blue, more dark colors, not pink. The judges looked a bit confused at her work.

Photobucket


Reco's work was ok. He was designing for drama. I thought his t-shirt design with the drama faces and a line saying "To Vote or Not To Vote" was cute, so I thought he'd pull off an outfit. He made a very dramatic flowing dress, but made the front so short it look like lingerie. I didn't really like that or the plaid little vest he put on it. But the judges seemed to like the vest, but had similar thoughts about the lingerie.

Photobucket


Johnny's outfit was just so odd. He had jock. Now everyone had to know what a jock was and what they wear. I think Johnny is just to much into his own way of designing to even try designing for someone else. And what does he go and say again this week? "Send me home." Ahhhh!!! Such a whiny little bitch!

Photobucket


Lidia's design was just a bit costumey for me. She could have designed a more fashionable outfit for a nerd. Something a little sexy. Nerds can grow up and get a fashion sense you know. I just didn't like it this time around.

Photobucket


James-Paul's outfit did nothing for me. It was actually shocking how he really seemed to hold back on his outfit. It still had his oddness but not some much that it makes me scratch my head in confusion.

Photobucket


I like how this week it seemed Haven took a chance. She knew where she wanted to go with her outfit but wasn't really sure how to get there. But she pressed on until she got the look she was going for and it was kind of cute to me. And it won her a runner up position as one of the outfits most liked in the fashion show next to Merlin. Reco did not like that much, but I will get to that in a mo'.

Photobucket


Danny girl did her Tree-hugger thing that I just thought looked like crap. I don't know what she was going for but whatever it was, I think she missed the mark. Honestly, I thought the outfit was going to fall off the model. There was just so much going on.

Photobucket


Then Merlin, who cried great tears of sadness, pulled it out at the end with his fierce Mean Girl look. I agree, he should have left the sleeve longer and I would have been all over that. Pink, long sleeves, sexy all around...me likie.

Photobucket


I think Merlin deserved his win and was happy for him. He stressed so much over it and won. Woot! Check it out here and here. I'm actually really pissy they didn't include the jacket with it. That was one of the main things I liked about it. I would have liked the longer arms but I loved it nonetheless. Oh well.

Photobucket


And finally Angel. Like I said, I think she got a somewhat idea about B-girl, but not a good enough one to keep her out of the bottom. She made kind of like an outfit you could expect to see on any woman walking the street. She added a cap and glasses which was a nice touch but still. What gets me is how the other designers were like "She's so stupid, she doesn't know who she is designing for." when they all basically had the same problem. Don't go sweeping around someone else's back door until you have swept around your own. So I thought those comments were pointless.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


So the judges leave Johnny and Angel to stew while they talk it over. During this time Reco decides to chime in that he didn't think Haven should have been up there as one of the most liked outfits and how Johnny basically brings a bad name to the career "he" is helping create basically. He wasn't fashion design to have a good name and Johnny is just messing it up. He wanted Johnny to go home if he so wanted to so he could win the competition sooner. The other designers chimed in and Reco finished with a dramatic he'll be standing there at the end and no one else will be there because they don't have what it takes. Cocky much? I think so. But I think that is what will get him far in this competition and career. In fact I was reading today that competition in fashion design is so big that designers require at least a bachelor's degree in fashion design before you are even considered fashion worthy. Hummm. So I think Reco's mindset and attitude is perfect for the career. But it tends to make him look like an ass, which is a bummer. I would not feel comfortable around him just from meeting him. But I don't like to go from appearances alone. I only know him from the few minutes I see him on tv when he knows he's "on", so who knows what he's like at home.

But he is right, some of the designers don't need nor deserve to be there. Namely, Johnny, who got to stay over Angel. The judges decided that Angel could not design, and picked Johnny, who clearly felt he didn't need to give more than he already was, should stay. Ummmm...wtf?!? No, they should have sent Johnny's ass home this week. He said it again for them to send him home. Well damnit, give him his damn wish! Send him packing! Give Angel another chance to up her game. I know if she would have gotten nerd or anything else she would have done fine. She makes good stuff. And she can design. She just had an off week. Johnny just doesn't give a crap and he's only being kept around for the drama. I so hope he goes home this week.

So yeah, that is my recap of The Fashion Show for last Thursday. We are getting down to the last few shows, then I will have nothing to watch on Thursday again. Oh well, just means I need to get back to sew my own stuff then. And then there's always Project Runway in August. :-) Well I am done posting for now. Going to catch up on a soap and then sleep some. Got a massive headache coming on. Ugh! Talk to you lovelies later.

Loves ya,
Mouse 8:>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?