Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Distinctive Fabrics

So about a week ago I got my Distinctive Fabric samples, and I am impressed. I wanted to make a lot of these into wigs but two of them will be used for other reasons. If you haven't heard of Distinctive Fabrics, they are a fabric store that will give you 5 free samples for your first visit, you have to sign up and make a free account with them. If you purchase from the site you will get 5 more samples and I believe it continues that way with any purchase you make. This is a great way to try stuff out if you aren't sure about them. Their fabric is pricey, at least to me, and you have to purchase fabric by the yards, but you can buy a 5x3.5 swatch for a dollar. Not bad for making a fur wig or for a clothing item you just need a tiny bit of fabric for.

So I got several textures to see what kind of stuff I can come up with. I think the brown poodle fur will be made into a funky wig, the pink and brown fur will be wigs as well, the brown minky fur is for a character in my web-comic, and the purple-pink fabric is going to be an area rug. They don't sell just fur at the site, they sell all kinds of fabric, so be sure to stop by and give it a look. Curious on how to make your own wig? Take a look at this tutorial by MyFroggyStuff to see how she easily made wigs for her dolls.


Can't wait to try making a few. And on that note I am off. I will talk to you lovely people later. Bye for now.

Feeling sleepy,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my lovelie, what's on your mind?